Wednesday, June 2, 2010

To Begin Again
















A flock of white pelicans wing their way to a nice spot on the Madison.



I have decided to begin again.

I have become complacent and lax, and I really, really don't want to lose the thread now. So here's the deal... I'm throwing out all the weight loss, everything I've done over the past nine months, and I'm starting fresh. As of yesterday. This is a new deal, with a new starting point... as well as an ending date rather than a specific goal weight. I weighed in at 269 pounds yesterday and I'm going to see what I can do with that by August 5th. That's the day that I'm planning to go to Flathead lake for a great big celebration at my family's property. That's swimsuit time. Also, it's right before my dad and stepmom and sisters and brother and niece and nephews show up here in Paradise Valley for vacation. It's right around the corner, and I'm gunning for some real change by then. What little sunshine we're getting around here these days is helping to inspire me, and I feel a sense of renewed commitment and energy. Summer is on its way, folks. Time to get cracking again.

In the wise words of Vasquez, "Let's ROCK."

Steve "Big Daddy" Hodgson
June the second, 2010
269 pounds

1 comment:

  1. Awhile back I did a post on making a mission statement. It felt really powerful to me that day. Then I started felling out-of-focus again. Y'know, Actually Fuzzy in my head o_O

    So I re-read my mission statement. Discipline. Precision. Grace.

    I applaud you starting a new day - today is all we have (watch 'Groundhog Day' ;) My Mom says, "It's all the same day..")

    Or as I'm pretty sure I've offered up before...I love the idea of thinking of yourself as a GPS. The GPS doesn't care how you got where you are or how long you've been there...you're going to point in the right direction Now, from where you are.

    Anyway. That's a lot of rambling.

    More beautiful photography, too! *hugs!

    ReplyDelete